Are you suffering from anxiety? Then you’re not alone. Many adults (and children) suffer from anxiety in their day-to-day lives. Unfortunately, many of them solve their anxiety problems by taking prescription drugs. They are effective. However, they can be addictive and dangerous for your health. Therefore, if you suffer from anxiety, it is best to try herbal anxiety remedies before you start taking heavy prescription drugs.
If you’ve ever wanted to know the answers to the following questions – then read this article carefully.
- “What are herbal anxiety remedies?”
- “Why is better to take a natural supplement than prescription drugs?”
- “What are the best herbal anxiety remedies?”
- “Is it safe to take herbal supplements?”
I’ll handle all the above questions (and more) in this article. So, if you suffer from anxiety, and you want a healthy, natural alternative to taking pills that take a heavy till on your body – please continue reading!
What are herbal anxiety remedies?
Since the dawn of time people have been using herbs to treat all kinds of illnesses. For most health issues there are many herbs that can help alleviate symptoms. Some can even treat the issue by itself.
Since most herbs have been around for a long time, they are safer than many newer pharmaceutical solutions. Why, I’ll explain later. But for now it is sufficient to say that herbal remedies have been around for a long time. And if they wouldn’t work, people would not be using them anymore.
Herbal anxiety remedies are herbs that are very effective against anxiety. They can also help if you suffer from panic attacks. There are many herbs that claim to have anxiolytic effects. However, there are only a couple of them that are proven to work. I’ll explain which ones they are in the sections below.
But first, it’s important that you know why herbal anxiety remedies are better than pills… Let’s find out!
Why are natural herbs better than pills?
There are thousands of pharmaceutical pills that you can take against anxiety. Among the most popular are:
Now, I’m not saying that these pills are always bad. There exists a time and place for these remedies. I’m not a doctor, so before you throw away your pills, please consult with a medical specialist what you’re about to do.
However, these pills come with a certain amount of side effects. many of them are habit-forming(addictive). Which means that when you stop taking them you’ll suffer from withdrawal.
Another issue with these solutions to anxiety is that they work in an unnatural way. What I mean by this is that instead of solving the root of the anxiety problem, they often only mask the symptoms.
And when you mask the symptoms, the root causes of your anxiety tend to become worse. So when you stop taking prescription drugs, you anxiety will come back even stronger!
That’s why it’s better to take the natural route. Because:
- Herbal anxiety remedies focus on the root of your anxiety.
- They are also not addictive.
- And they work in a natural way – so they have few side effects.
Different types of herbal anxiety remedies
Since there are many different types of herbal anxiety remedies out there. I’ve decided to focus on the 2 that have the best proven track record. There are thousand of people who are using these 2 herbal supplements every day to take control over their anxiety.
I have both used them myself. And I can safely say that these 2 supplements are the real deal when it comes to beating anxiety and taking control over anxious feelings. If you suffer from anxiety, I highly recommend checking out these 2 supplements:
L theanine can naturally be found in the leaves of green tea. It explains why green tea has such a calming effect, compared to other beverages that also contain caffeine.
L theanine is very effective for:
- Feeling calm.
- Reducing stress.
- Controlling your thoughts.
- Reducing distractions.
You can take L theanine in pill form or in powder form. For more information, please read my comprehensive L theanine review here. In it I’ll explain all the benefits of L theanine (against anxiety and other benefits). I’ll also show you where you can get high-quality L theanine for a good price.
If you suffer from anxiety, please find it here.
Another great herbal remedy is ashwagandha. It is pretty difficult to pronounce. but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.
It’s a natural root that is described as the ‘Indian ginseng’. You can take ashwagandha to:
- Cope with daily stress.
- Reduce feelings of anxiety.
- Feel more focused and less distracted in your daily life.
Ashwagandha is also an adaptogen. This means that it helps your body cope with a wide variety of stressors. You can find out more information about Ashwaghanda here.
Extra tips for beating anxiety
I highly recommend you check out these two herbal anxiety remedies L theanine and ashwagandha. they are both very effective against daily stress and anxiety.
If you, however feel you need more than a supplement to feel less anxious, you can try the following lifestyle changes:
- Take control over your diet. A healthy body is a healthy mind. you’ll be amazed at how well your body will be able to cope with stress if you give it all the vitamins and mineral that it needs.
- Daily exercise. It’s very difficult to feel stressed after a god workout. You can release all your nervous energy by working out, or playing a team sport. Daily walks also help to clear your mind and make you feel less stressed.
- Reduce caffeine intake. Ass you might know, caffeine increases stress hormones in your body. If you suffer from anxiety, try to reduce you daily caffeine intake to no more than 3 cups per day. preferably in the morning.
- Sleep well. The better your sleep, the better your body will be able to handle stress. try to sleep at least 7 hours to give your body ample rest.
P.S. Feeling stressed? Use L theanine to get rid of anxiety. It’s one of the most effective herbal anxiety remedies available on the market!