A great deal of the adult population suffers from anxiety. Even may kids nowadays seem to express the signs of anxious lives. And instead of searching for natural cures for anxiety, many people seem to take the path of mediating their own anxious feelings.
Now, you’re on this site, so congratulations. You’re taking action. If you suffer from anxiety then it is a great idea to look for natural cures for anxiety. I’ll explain you exactly why in the course of this article. For now, there will be several questions that are likely running through your head:
- “Are there natural cures for anxiety?”
- “Why is a natural solution better than taking drugs?“
- “What types of natural cures are there?”
- “Where should I start to get the best results?”
If any of these questions are of interest to you, and you want to know the answers. Then I highly recommend you read this article very carefully. I’ll give you some of the most effective natural cures for anxiety.
So, if you suffer from an anxiety disorder, or you’re experiencing anxious thoughts on a day-to-day basis, then this article is for you.
Natural cures for anxiety
Throughout history people have always been looking for cures against the problems that they had. At first this meant that people would drink tea and use herbs to combat their anxiety. People even used meditation to successfully guide their anxious feelings into supportive and calm ones.
These treatments were very effective. However, at the start of the 19th century pharmacy started to develop anti-anxiety drugs. These quickly became popular since they offered really fast relief for people who were suffering from panic attacks or anxiety.
Over the course of the last decades, they have only grown in popularity. Chances are, that you’ve taken at least of them. The mos popular anxiety drugs are:
Now, these drugs are all very effective and have great anxiolytic properties. Unfortunately…. they also can have severe sides effects.It’s not uncommon for people to develop an addiction to one of these drugs.
That’s because most of them work through unnaturally increasing calming neurotransmitters in the brain. And what happens when you take the unnatural route is that you’ll have some god results at first. However, as time goes by, you’ll find it more and more difficult to feel good if you’re not taking the drugs.
And because they all work unnaturally, you might even notice that your anxiety symptoms are getting worse…
Why a natural cure?
Now, if you’ve read the previous paragraphs, then you can guess why it’s better to go for natural cures for anxiety. The reason is simple. Natural cures for anxiety focus on the root of your anxiety problem.
Drugs focus on getting rid of the symptoms fast. And there of course is a time and a place for that. However, if you’re looking for a long-term solution to your anxiety. Then you have to go with natural treatments.
Natural treatments can be generally divided into 2 categories. I’ll explain you exactly which ones in the following paragraphs:
2 types of natural cures
The natural cures for anxiety can be divided into 2 different groups. Each with their own actions that you can take to combat your anxious feelings.
- Lifestyle changes – Everything that you can do to reduce your anxious feelings. Things like diet, behaviour etc. all fall under this roof.
- Supplements – Natural supplements are like drugs. However, there is 1 big difference. Supplements work in a natural way. Therefore they should not cause addiction to the supplement or any other negative effects.
If you’re really serious about beating anxiety, then this is the place where you should focus most of your effort on. Why? because it gives you the most bang for your buck. It’s the place where you can achieve long-term results for your anxiety.
Now, you’re probably curious what kind of lifestyle changes are effective for treating anxiety. Well, here is a short list of actionable steps that can help you treat anxiety:
- Diet – You have to make sure to eat a healthy diet. When your body does not get all the vitamins and nutrition it needs, then your brain will also not function optimally. The easiest way to start improving your diet is to eat only foods that are natural. So no processed foods or food that comes in a box. Healthy options are: fish, meat, vegetables, fruit, rice etc.
- Workout – This ties in to the previous point. A healthy body = a healthy mind. The absolute best workout you can do for anxiety is taking a walk. You’ll find that the more you move, the less your anxiety has a grip over you.
- Coffee – Coffee increases stress hormones in your body. If you drink more than 3 cups a day, I highly recommend you try to drink less coffee. This alone can make a HUGE difference in your anxiety problems.
- Cigarettes – Cigarettes are also known to increase stress in the body. Quitting smoking will help you get rid of the anxious background anxiety that smokers get.
- Sleep – Sleep is the best way to rejuvenate your body and mind. If you wake up fresh and with a lot of energy, you’ll guaranteed feel better during the day.
- Meditation – You can also try meditation. A simple 10 minutes a day will help you control your thoughts and stave of anxious feelings.
If you’ve tried all the lifestyle changes against anxiety. But you’re still looking for something more, then I recommend you take L theanine. I’ve written an entire article about L theanine and anxiety.
It is by far one of the most effective natural cures for anxiety that I have found. there are no side effects, and L theanine (which comes from green tea) will put you in a calming, yet focused food. Thousands of people around the world use L theanine to feel calmer and more relaxed in their day-to-day lives.
There are many places where you can buy L theanine, but I recommend you look for a bottle that contains Suntheanine. This way you’ll be sure that you get the right quality for a good price. Take around 100-200 mg per day, and you’ll definitely notice a big decrease in your anxiety!
P.S. Want to read my complete L theanine review? Click here to read it & find out where you can get high quality l theanine for a good price!