Do you suffer from anxiety? Do you feel stressed in your daily life? If you are, then you’re not alone. It’s estimated that over 55% of all adults feel anxiety at some point on their life. But luckily there are a lot effective natural remedies anxiety.
Natural remedies anxiety can be very effective. However, they often bring up a lot of questions. Do you sometimes wonder:
- “What is better: medicine or natural remedies anxiety?”
- “Is it safe to take natural supplements for anxiety?”
- “Are there any lifestyle changes I can make to be less anxious?”
If you want to know the answers to these anxiety-related questions and a whole lot more, then I invite you to rad this entire article with great attention. not only will I tell you why it’s better to take natural supplements versus medicines. But I’ll also give you some tips how you can adjust your lifestyle so you feel less anxious.
So, let’s not wait any longer and dive into the natural remedies anxiety!
Natural remedies anxiety
There are many natural supplements available that combat anxiety. Since anxiety is something innate in humans, every culture has their own methods to deal with anxiety.
Many eastern cultures prefer to use natural supplements, such as herbs, tea and meditation. And many western societies read for the over-the-counter medications to combat their anxiety.
But which one is better for your health? And which one is the most effective to combat your anxiety long-term? Let’s find out….
Natural supplements versus medication
Since you know the name of this site, it’s already pretty clear which side we support. The natural supplements of course. Nevertheless, it’s a good idea to tell you why exactly natural supplements are better to combat anxiety. Here’s why:
- Natural supplements can help your body combat anxiety by itself. They focus on the root of the problem, not on the symptoms. This makes natural remedies anxiety more effective in the long-term.
- Many medications work in such a way that they’re effective in the short-term, but over the long-term they can actually worsen your anxiety symptoms. Why? Because your body get’s used to the constant medication that reduce your stress levels. Your brain will start to accept this and the new normal and down-regulate its own anti-anxiety mechanism. This means that when you stop taking the anxiety medications, your body will be less able to cope with the anxiety.
- Many natural remedies are easily available for a low-cost. you can simply order them through the internet or at a local herb store. For medications (the ones against anxiety), you usually need a prescription + they’re more expansive.
- Natural supplements have fewer side effects than medications.
So, not only are natural supplements easier to get, more effective in the long run and better for your health, but they also cost less! On top of that, when you start focusing on the root of your anxiety problem, you’ll usually make some other lifestyle changes.
Most people who take pills against their anxiety do not take this holistic approach, They see medications as the end-all be-all of their problem. Even though they could drastically decrease their anxiety by a couple of lifestyle changes.
By now you’re probably curious what you can do to feel better. Continue reading…
The top natural remedies anxiety:
Change your diet
The first thing you need to do is take a good look at your diet. Are you eating a lot of processed foods? Do you eat enough vegetables? Are you drinking a lot of coffee? Do you give your body all the nutrition it needs to optimally function?
If not, you might be able to reduce your anxiety already by starting to eat healthier. Here are a couple of tips:
- Eat more natural foods. Drop the packaged foods and junk food.
- Drink less coffee.
- Eat more meat to get enough protein.
- Try and get your daily amount of fruits and vegetables. Check out this site for more info on how to get enough fruits and vegetables in your diet.
By incorporating the previous items in your daily life, you’ll allow your body to function optimally. And being less anxious is a result of that!
Change your circumstances
Another cause of your anxiety might be your circumstances. Are you living together with people who are constantly negative and make you feel bad? Or does your job cause you to feel anxiety?
If it does, then it might be a good idea to see if you could move out and live on your own. Or to get a job in which you feel more comfortable.
In other cases, you shouldn’t look for drastic solutions like the ones mentioned above. often, just taking a walk if you’re sitting inside all day can do a lot to brighten up your mood.
Or, if you’re working behind a desk all day, then going to the gym might be a good option too. Whenever your body is active and healthy, your mind will follow!
Take L theanine
If changing your lifestyle and diet doesn’t work, or if you want to go the extra mile in beating your anxiety – l theanine is a great natural supplement for you.
Not only does it effectively decrease stress, but it also makes you sleep better! And when you sleep better, you will feel less stressed in the mornings. So taking l theanine kills two birds in one stone.
I wrote an entire article about L theanine and anxiety. Click here to read how you can take l theanine to drastically reduce your anxiety!
Final words on natural remedies anxiety
We’ve come a long about natural remedies anxiety. Not only did we figure out that it’s better to take a holistic natural approach to beating your anxiety, but we also discussed a very effective supplement that you can take if you suffer from anxiety.
I hope this article will help you get your anxious feelings and stress under control. Feel free to leave a comment if you have a question or need some more information!
P.S. Suffering from anxiety? Looking for an all-natural remedy? Click here to read my complete review about L theanine & how it can help you beat anxiety!